What are the key skills for managers like you to master as you start leading a new team? What does it take for you to become an amazing manager? How do you stand out so you are recognized as a potential senior leader?
In this episode of the Creating High Performing Teams podcast, we give you a run down of the most important skills to master as a new manager, and why they matter. Then, we tell you how you can start to build those skills with your team.
Listen to the episode on:
- You can read all about these skills and how to learn them here: https://getlighthouse.com/blog/professional-development-goals-for-managers/
- The Flaming Hot Cheetos story: https://www.inc.com/cynthia-than/the-mexican-janitor-who-invented-flamin-hot-cheetos.html (Note: this may be partially “Urban Legend”)
- The Toyota Total Production system and how they leverage the knowledge of all their workers: https://hbr.org/2008/06/the-contradictions-that-drive-toyotas-success
- The Books we mentioned:
- And some other links specific to parts of today’s episode:
Key actions for you to take today from the interview:
- Pick out one skill from the list we gave you and start working on it this week.